Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Getting Ready To Go

I packed last Friday...  I have secured all my transportation arrangements...  I got some Euros from AAA...  I even got an International Driving Permit!  I have been trying to acquire some German via Rosetta Stone, and have downloaded apps on my phone:  "Speak and Translate" and "DuoLingo" which are really helping a lot.  I also just learned about another app:  "Word Lens".  What did non-native travelers do before all this technology???

I am gearing up for the six hour drive to New Jersey to see my family.  They will drive me into Newark Airport and from there I will fly to Frankfurt (7 h 50 m) and a 3-1/2 hour lay-over...  On to Vienna (1 h 20 m) and another 3 hour lay-over...  And with one last and quick 50 minute flight finally SALZBURG!!  So after six hours of driving and 16-1/2 hours of air travel, you can calculate:  It will take many, many hours to get there.

All this anticipation. A little bit of worrying, too.  After all, this is my first trip to Europe, and I'm beginning it alone.  Wish me luck!


No comments: