Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Special Dinner Out

When I registered for the Institut, I received a personal email back from Sonja Czuk (Secretary at the Orff Institut).  Mrs. Czuk informed me that a former instructor at the Institut, Miriam Samuelson ("Mimi") heard I was from Burlington, Vermont, and wanted me to know SHE grew up on the street around the corner from me!!!  Mind you, Mimi is now 75 years old, so things look much different in Burlington now.  It turns out Mimi lived in the home of a friend of mine -- Allegra Miller!!!  This is just too crazy!  Daaa Da Daa Daa Daaa Da Daaaa.  You know??  "It's a Small World After All"!!!

I took a picture of Allegra's house to share with Mimi and last night was my chance to give it to her. She pointed to the room that was her bedroom when she lived there! Another new friend I just met at this Institut, Joan Linklater, was also invited by Mimi to have dinner with us.  After our last session of the day Mimi picked us up and brought us to the Rechenwirt Gasthof restaurant. It was raining out, so we did not spend much time outside, but I did manage to take these pictures of our dining experience:


Joan Linklater, Miriam Samuelson and me!



No comments: