Friday, July 11, 2014

It's Friday Already!!

DAY FIVE

Session One - Werner Beidinger "Ensemble & Klanggesten"
Today is our last session with Werner -- Ich bin traurig... (I am sad...)  He is such a wonderful teacher!  We started with a fun opener that I will DEFINITELY do with my students back home.  It was based on successive movements.  It starts like a "good game, good game" idea, except only one person leads and then when the person next to you moves, it's your turn to move next.  Extension was to go in back of the circle and do movements on people's back.  This could include back massage ideas ("chop-chop-chop-chop"), or could include rhythmic elements, as well as pitch, and don't forget tempo!  Fun, and does not put anyone on the spot because everyone has a turn.  Can't wait to try this!!

We next played portions of a piece, and my instrument was a set of congas.  There were eight congas, so I was in a group of four.  I LOVED PLAYING THE CONGAS!!!  Because I have had experience with Jeh Kulu Dance & Drum Theater back in Burlington, Vermont, I had an idea about how to approach the drums to make a good sound.  So I was able to help my group members.  What a thrill to be part of a challenging ensemble with all the other percussion parts!    

Session Two - James Harding "More Fun WIth Dots and Lines"
Again, last session with James...  I will consider retaking my Orff Levels classes and visiting James Harding in San Francisco!!  He is a fabulous (and FUN) teacher!!  Here is a picture of our class:


Countries represented in this class:  US, Turkey, Australia, Italy, Iran, Angola, Slavenia, Brussels, China, and Iceland...  I probably forgot a few or got a few wrong.  But WOW!!!!!  

No comments: