Monday, July 7, 2014

I'm in Salzburg!!

As mentioned in my last post, travel was bound to be exhausting -- but a good night's sleep has taken care of that.  And today has been an absolutely beautiful first day here in Salzburg.


As I waited for the bus, I took this photo of the Salzkammergut Mountains, a mountain range of the Northern Limestone Alps, located in the Austrian states of Salzburg and Upper Austria (according to WIKIPedia, that is).  This mountain range is quite impressive, but all the mountains around Salzburg are breath-taking.  Check out this mountain range as seen behind the Orff Institut:


It was just a spectacular day!  I went on a self-guided tour -- actually I just wandered aimlessly, but we'll call it a self-guided tour.  Lots of tourists, but I felt completely comfortable exploring on my own.  I bought a ticket to go up to the Festung Hohensalzburg on their Festungs Bahn and that was a good idea in order to get a fabulous panoramic view of Salzburg and the mountains.


No comments: